General Writing Sample Task 1 #22
For the past year you have been a member of a local club. Now you want to discontinue your membership.
Write a letter to the club secretary.
In your letter
- state what type of membership you have and how you have paid for this
- give details of how you have benefited from the club
- explain why you want to leave
- You should write at least 150 words.
- Allow yourself 15 minutes for this task.
- you do NOT need to write your own address.
In September 2003, I joined your Sports and Social club as a full-time student member. Since then I have paid the monthly membership fees by direct debit from my bank: Nationwide in Sanderson Avenue, Kinghill.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my club membership as it has provided me with useful opportunities to meet up with other young people and to participate in a number of social activities. I have also been fortunate enough to play in some of the inter-club tennis tournaments and have taken advantage of the various classes available such as Yoga and T'ai chi.
However, my studies are now coming to an end and as I will shortly be returning to my home country, possibly for good, I regret that I no longer wish to continue my membership.
I would be grateful, therefore, if you could confirm in writing that the monthly fee will no longer be deducted from my bank account.