Academic Reading sample task, Matching headings
IELTS Reading Tip
- Read the passage and think about the purpose or function of each paragraph (explaining, comparing, giving details, etc.).
- Look at the questions and identify the type of information you need to look for (a reason, a comparison, etc.).
- Try to match the type of information with the functions of the paragraphs.
- When you think you have identified the right paragraph, read it carefully to check that it contains all the correct information.
- Remember that the words in the question may be expressed differently in the Reading passage.
- Remember that just because you see a word from the question, it does not necessarily mean that you have found the correct paragraph.
The Reading Passage has six paragraphs A-F.
Choose the correct heading for each paragraph from the list of headings below.
Write your answers in boxes 1-6 on your answer sheet.